got this from the magazine that our local electric co-op sends out. i altered it somewhat. cooking time does not include time for water to boil in water bath canner. this is a soft jel. this is not "hot", but a sublte pepper flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To toast the pecans:.
- 2Place a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir often. Toasted pecans should be light brown and crisp.
- 3To make the jelly:.
- 4In a large saucepan, combine water, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, and sugar.
- 5Bring mixture boil, stir constantly.
- 6Add pectin and a few drops of food coloring.
- 7Let mixture come to a full rolling boil and continue boiling for 30 seconds.
- 8Add pecans.
- 9Remove from heat and skim off any and all the foam.
- 10Pour into three 8-ounce sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace in each.
- 11Wipe rims of jars clean and put on pre-heated lids and screw rings just until fingertip tight.
- 12Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pepper Toasted Pecan Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 250.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 201.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g