Recipe by ellie_
This is a great way to use home grown jalapenos instead of buying those little bottles of hot pepper sauce sold in the grocery. This takes 3 months to age. Recipe souce: Mastering Barbecue
Top Review by hollybrown117
This was great and easy to do. Be sure to use the gloves. I used both red and green Jelopenos. I also had sever cayanee peppers in the garden and used some of those. Cant wait for 3 months to come. I took a little taste and it was good and hot. Thanks
Directions See How It's Made
- ***Caution - you must wear food-safe gloves when preparing this***.
- Wearing gloves, seed and chop the chile peppers.
- Simmer vinegar, salt and peppers in a large saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes. ***BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREATHE THE FUMES***.
- Let cool and then process in a blender until smooth.
- Store in a glass bottle and age for at least 3 months.
- Strain sauce into small bottles for gifts or for home use.