Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Good and hot.
- 75 small fresh hot red peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons freshly grated horseradish
- 2 cups white vinegar
- Combine peppers, garlic, and water in a pot.
- Cover and simmer until peppers are very tender.
- Puree in a food processor.
- Combine pureed peppers with remaining ingredients in a pot.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Pour into clean hot half pint jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
This turned out terrific! My husband loves bottled hot sauce but likes this better. Use a food mill to puree... or pour hot liquid slowly into blender while running. Can't wait to make hot-wings with it!!
So good! I have always liked a hot sauce with flavor as well as heat, and while I only added 50 peppers, both were excellent! And easy ingredients too.