Recipe by Vicki in CT
Great snack to serve with cocktails. I usually double this recipe.
Top Review by JWS
I have real success with lo-carb dieting, and seasoned Pecans work very well, so I search non-stop for crunchy snacks that fit. I tried this recipe and it ended up being great - after I added more heat. I like spice and as written there wasn't enough for me. So once the pecans were out of the oven I added a combination of cayenne and salt. WOW this is spicy and satisfying! I'm make it again and again.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss pecans in butter to coat. Place in single layer on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Toss occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. Place hot cooked pecans in sauce mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Place cooled pecans in jars with tight fitting lids.