Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great snack to serve with cocktails. I usually double this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Toss pecans in butter to coat. Place in single layer on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Toss occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. Place hot cooked pecans in sauce mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Place cooled pecans in jars with tight fitting lids.
I have real success with lo-carb dieting, and seasoned Pecans work very well, so I search non-stop for crunchy snacks that fit. I tried this recipe and it ended up being great - after I added more heat. I like spice and as written there wasn't enough for me. So once the pecans were out of the oven I added a combination of cayenne and salt. WOW this is spicy and satisfying! I'm make it again and again.
Simply delicious healthy snack! I made this based on Chef#724631 's recommendation for Top Favorites of 2008 Game. This part of AZ has one of the largest pecan orchards in the country so just had to try this. I did use a reduced sodium soy sauce. I do wish I had had them in the oven less time -maybe 25 minutes instead? Thanks Vicki in CT for sharing!
5 Stars! I am a nut about nuts, especially pecans. These were fantastic, and so easy, so quick! DH & I are pansies when it comes to spicy heat, so I would probably cut the Tabasco in half if we were going to consume the nuts alone the next time. However, DH thought I was a genius to use the fully spiced pecans as an optional garnish to Recipe #253596. I couldn't believe how quick this recipe was to prepare. Can you picture a medley of these "hot" pecans with some sweet variations? Wonderful, wonderful!