1/10 Photos of Hot Pepper Jelly
This is my signature jelly. I make it for everyone and every occasion. I have even made some and tinted purple for Dreamgoddess' daughters wedding. It is very easy and can be made as hot or as mild as you want. For really hot I use 4 habarnero peppers, for milder, use in the amount called for in recipe using your preference in peppers. I just throw the peppers in the blender in large chunks with the vinegar and let the blender to the chopping for me.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop peppers and put in blender with vinegar.
- 2Blend well and pour into large boiler.
- 3Add sugar and mix well.
- 4Bring mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat, strain through sieve and return liquid back to a boil.
- 6Boil for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add Certo and food coloring quickly.
- 9Put into 6 (1/2 pint) jars and seal.
- 10I use heated seal method, where I heat the lids in boiling water, place on jar, secure ring tightly and turn jar upside down for 5 minutes.
- 11Turn jar up correctly and allow to cool completely before storing.
- 12Newer studies show that it is safer to seal with the hot water bath method. To do this, put into a large boiler with rack on bottom, cover with 1-2 inches of water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1778 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 203.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 201.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: