Recipe by Coraniaid
Hot & sweet with pretty bits of pepper floating throughout. Sometimes one of the jars ends up a little runnier (but no less tasty) than the others. I'm new to canning so if I figure out how to fix it I'll post a comment here.
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 sweet red peppers
- 4 -6 jalapeno peppers
- 3 small habanero peppers
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons pectin
- 5 cups white sugar
- Sterilize 3 (pint) jars & lids according to the manufacturer's directions in a water canner.
- Finely chop all peppers until you have 5 cups worth. (Use gloves while chopping Habaneros).
- Place peppers into a saucepan over high heat & add apple cider vinegar and pectin. Stir constantly & bring to a full boil.
- Add sugar & continue stirring. Allow mixture to come back to a full boil & allow it to continue for 2 minutes (stirring all the while).
- Remove from heat & skim off foam (if necessary).
- Ladle into sterilized pint jars leaving 1/4" space at the top. Clean the jar edges & place lids on top, making sure bands are 'finger tight'.
- Add jars back to water canner and process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.