Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I was given a jar of this jelly by a friend and had to have the recipe. It is the best pepper jelly I have ever tried. The apple juice gives it a beautiful color and adds to the wonderful taste. If you love pepper jelly, trying this recipe is a must. I use 3 jalapeno peppers when I make this jelly.
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple juice
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 -4 hot peppers, halved, with seeds included
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid Certo
- Combine apple juice, vinegar and peppers in a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture to remove all of the liquid. Measure 2 cups of liquid and set aside. (If your liquid does not quite make 2 cups, add more apple juice to get the full 2 cups.) Discard pulp.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the 2 cups of liquid and the sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in pectin. Return to a full boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Ladle into sterlilized jars and process in hot water bath for 5 minutes. Enjoy!