Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is from "Company's Coming" Canning book. It is an easy excellent recipe. I double the jalapeno asked for and I like to leave wee flakes of peppers floating in the jelly. If I use red peppers I use a drop of red food dye and if green well, what else, green
Top Review by Barb G.
Bergy,We love this pepper jelly. I have made it three times now. two with the green bell peppers & one with red bell peppers. Very good with cream cheese on crackers. My husband also likes it on meat, Pork & Chicken.Thanks for the recipe.
- 354.88 ml red sweet peppers or 354.88 ml green sweet peppers, seeded,veins removed
- 59.14 ml jalapeno, seeded,veins removed
- 354.88 ml white vinegar
- 170.09 g liquid pectin
- 0.06 ml red food coloring or 0.06 ml green food coloring (optional)
- 1537.83 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peppers& vinegar in a food processor, blend until smooth& pour into a large pot.
- Add sugar, Heat on medium-high heat, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pectin return to full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, remove from heat& skim off the foam.
- Add a drop or so of food coloring if desired.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jats, Fill to 1/4" of top.