Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Company's Coming" Canning book. It is an easy excellent recipe. I double the jalapeno asked for and I like to leave wee flakes of peppers floating in the jelly. If I use red peppers I use a drop of red food dye and if green well, what else, green
- 1 1⁄2 cups red sweet peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green sweet peppers, seeded,veins removed
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, seeded,veins removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- 1 drop red food coloring or 1 drop green food coloring (optional)
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Combine peppers& vinegar in a food processor, blend until smooth& pour into a large pot.
- Add sugar, Heat on medium-high heat, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pectin return to full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, remove from heat& skim off the foam.
- Add a drop or so of food coloring if desired.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jats, Fill to 1/4" of top.
Bergy,We love this pepper jelly. I have made it three times now. two with the green bell peppers & one with red bell peppers. Very good with cream cheese on crackers. My husband also likes it on meat, Pork & Chicken.Thanks for the recipe.
This is a GREAT recipe I doubled the jalapeno (like you said you did) and used red bell peppers and added the green food coloring. it looked really pretty and festive for christmas!! its a keeper for sure!!
This was fabulous bergy!!! I made two batchs as my garden is chock full of jalepenos of all different varieties-anyhoo the first was the recipe to a t- the last was with a little wasabi powder to each jar-both tasted great going into processing so i'm sure in a month or so they will be just as good!! Thanks bery!!!!