Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a delicious jelly to put out with cream cheese and crackers. Everyone loves it. It's addictive. You can control the heat in it by controling the peppers. If you don't like too much spice, it still makes a great jelly because there is flavor from the sweet green peppers. I like it hot, but not too hot. The recipe is about where I like it. When you put the peppers in the food processor, I process them to a medium to fine size because you will be bringing it all to a boil and letting it stand for a while and the peppers will shrink some (you do not want large chunks though).
Top Review by Sybil B.
Used as directed except used a red pepper instead of green 8 italian red hot cherries and 4 jalapenos. It was not hot enough at all. Sweet but barely heat.Next time will add a Habanero or two.
- 1 cup green sweet pepper (seeded and ground)
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper (seeded and ground)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packets liquid pectin (I use Certo)
Directions See How It's Made
- I use 4-6 sweet peppers and 2-3 hot pepper to get the amount in the recipe above.
- I grind the peppers in the food processor.
- Combine all but the pectin in a pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Reheat and boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from the stove and add the pectin.
- Stir for 7 minutes.
- Pack in hot, STERILE, jars and seal with parrafin wax.
- You can put this in the smaller jars for gift-giving.