Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
We have made this recipe for years, and everyone who has tried it has loved it! It is almost foolproof, too!
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope Certo
- 3 drops green food coloring
- In large deep saucepan combine sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a rolling (one which cannot be broken down by stirring) boil, stirring constantly. Add hot and bell peppers and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add Certo and food coloring. Stir continuously for 10 minutes while cooling. Pour into sterilized jars and seal with paraffin.
- If you double this recipe, then you must also double the cooling and stirring time as this is what prevents the pieces of chopped pepper from floating to the tops of the jars.
- Serve over softened cream cheese with crackers.
Thank you for posting this great recipe.I have eaten this jelly before ,It was from Amish country and it was very good. This recipe is just as good as that one.This was also very easy to make.I used one green pepper,one red pepper and two Hungarian hot peppers.It set up in a few hours.I got three pint jars and about 1/2 pint which we are sampling.We pour ours over a brick of cream cheese and serve with crackers.This is so tasty and you have a quick something to serve to guests.Thanks again