1/8 Photos of Hot Pepper Garlic Jelly
I have made several different recipes for hot pepper jelly and decided that I had tweaked them all to the point of newness. Here is my interpretation of a good, hot jelly that works well as a glaze on chicken or pork or on top of a brie or over some cream cheese. Heck I have even had it on celery with peanut butter but that's a whole other story. I use a variety of colored peppers for really pretty jelly, yellow, red green, etc. I think habenaros give the best flavor and heat. My instructions are kind of long but I thought the details of canning might be helpful to someone. Wear rubber gloves whenever handling hot peppers or you'll be sorry. Makes a great addition to a gift basket. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1I begin by putting my jars and rings in a big pot of water on the stove and bring to a low boil.
- 2Leave them boiling slightly till you are ready for them.
- 3Have your jar flats ready on the counter along with a damp rag to wipe the rims of your jars after filling.
- 4Put peppers, green pepper, garlic, vinegar and sugar in a large pot and mix well.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 6Boil for 5- 6 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and add Certo and stir.
- 8Pour into 1/2 pint jars.
- 9As soon as you fill a jar wipe the rim, put a flat in the ring and twist onto jar and invert jar on cloth towel to seal (heat from jar, ring and jelly should seal it).
- 10Leave them on the counter for a while to finish sealing.
- 11If you notice the peppers settling just give the jar a little shake every once in a while.
- 12After they have cooled and sealed (you will not be able to push down on the flat at all) you can turn them over and tighten the rings again and you're done!
- 13**NOTE FROM CHEF** One packet of liquid certo will work just fine, the jelly will "looser". I actually prefer it with one packet myself.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pepper Garlic Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 186.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g