Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick, easy way of preparing chicken, but beware! It's a spicy one!
- 4 chicken legs with thigh (or 4 chicken breasts)
- salt and black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula or 1 bunch watercress, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (fresh)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped jarred banana pepper rings, plus
- 2 tablespoons banana pepper juice
- crusty bread, for mopping
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. In a small dish, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, the mustard, and the crushed red pepper. Spread the mixture all over the chicken. Place chicken, meaty side down, in a nonstick skillet. Set a piece of foil loosely over the chicken, then place a plate or smaller pan on top and weigh it down with a brick or some cans.
- Cook the chicken over medium heat until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk together the vinegar, marmalade, and poppy seeds, then stream in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Toss the tomatoes, cucumber, and arugula with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, banana peppers, and pepper juice. Top the chicken with the parsley-pepper mixture and serve with the salad and the bread.