Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hot Pepper Chicken Marinade Make this marinade two days ahead! If you like extra fire, add more chili peppers or hot pepper sauce.
- 3 hot red chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Remove seeds from hot chili peppers (wear rubber gloves to do this) and finely chop peppers.
- Combine peppers and remaining marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 days to allow the flavours to blend.
- Makes enough marinade for 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts.(~2 lbs). Put chicken breasts in a closable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Seal bag and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard leftover marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side. Makes 8 servings.
I cut the recipe in half and I should have left the 3 hot chilli's my marinade was nor hot enough. Very moist tasty chicken.
Resulted in very moist chicken. Even though I dumped too much thyme into the marinade and added tabasco, the flavor was very subtle.