Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Nice loaf of bread with a little kick--good with soups and stews.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Combine eggs, milk, oil, and TABASCO® Sauce in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in cheese and jalapeño pepper.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and place on rack in center of oven. Bake 45 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and firm.