Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This came from a friend in West Virginia. It's very good for dipping vegetables or on crackers.
Make and share this Hot Pepper Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 dozen banana peppers
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 (12 ounce) jar yellow mustard
- Seed, devein and grind peppers.
- Cover with vinegar, salt and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Mix sugar, flour, dry mustard and yellow mustard.
- Add to pepper mixture.
- Stir well and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Fill jars, put on lids and turn upside down for 5 minutes then turn them right-side up and let them seal.
Awesome mustard! I cut the salt in half and blended a mixture of banana peppers, jalapeños, and cayennes in my food processor. After mixing everything together in the pot I used my immersion blender for a smoother consistency. I cooked it for about 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, to get it to the desired thickness. Then, I processed the jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Great stuff! I may try cutting the sugar down a little next time.
Where are the 10 stars when you need them??? I've been buying hot pepper mustard at a local gourmet store for $6 per half pint,this recipe produced the same delicious results for MUCH less! Great on hot dogs, pretzels, crackers, and chicken nuggets. Thanks for sharing!
Just what I have been looking for!! Excellant!! A friend gave us lots of hot peppers...so I thought I would give it a try. SO sO YUMMY! I love this on ham, hotdogs, baked chicken, baked fish, and I can't wait to try a dab in my homemade BBQ sauce. Thank you so much! And the best part is I am from West Virginia...so the recipe has made it back home.LOLOL.