Top Review by ramsey_penegar
Wow this has a fantastic flavor. I did cut the recipe in half and used 1 habanero plus 6 jalapenos. The end result has a great sweet-hot-smoky flavor but it's soooo sticky, I had to microwave the jar to be able to spread it on chips after it cooled. Also a bit too sweet for me. If I try it again - which I just might next apple season I will reduce the sugar by about 50%.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour sugar into a heavy 5-quart pot; stir in water until well blended.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pare and core apples; cut into small chunks, to make about 8 cups.
- Slice thinly or chop the peppers.
- Add apples, and peppers to sugar-water mixture.
- Cook (boiling gently) over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until preserve is thickened and apples are translucent.
- Meanwhile, prepare 6 half-pint canning jars.
- Fill jars to within 1/8-inch of rim.
- Wipe clean and place lids and rings on screwing on as tight as comfortable.
- Let cool on a towel out of a draft; then press lids with your finger.
- If they stay down, they're sealed.
- Label and store in a cool, dark area.
- If not sealed, store in refrigerator.