Recipe by Chef# 477627
I have had Tomatoes and Zucchini with Parmesan before , which I had on hand, the discovery of the pear that needed to be used and Asiago in the fridge, I figured maybe I could get a little creative. ;) The combination of flavors and textures were surprisingly enjoyable. Will make this again and ensure I post a picture... nice presentation and no more than 4 mins in the microwave!
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Nicely improvised recipe. The pear and asiago cheese combination can't be beat and use of the microwave instead of the oven didn't seem detrimental either. The vegetables (oops, you're right, they're technically fruits:D) went together nicely with the pear and cheese too. Thank you for a delicious side dish:D
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, sliced to 1/4-inch moons
- 1 medium tomatoes, firm is best, sliced to 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large pear, peeled, cored, sliced into 12-16 equal pieces
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated on the fine side of the grater, right over top as per following directions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence, maybe a dash more, don't get carried away
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry and prepare fruits as directed. (Yes they are technically all fruits. ;) ).
- Line a microwave-safe 10"+ plate with the zucchini in a circular (ring) fashion. Place the tomato slices just to the inside of the zucchini, then splay the pear slices on top of the tomatoes.(A glorified flower?!).
- Sprinkle with Herbes De Provence.
- Grate Asiago evenly over top.
- Microwave on high for no more than four minutes, depending on your microwave's wattage; I would check it after 3 minutes. Fruits will be just starting to steam and the cheese will be melted.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.