- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 -3 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb shelled peanuts, skinned
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the garlic, pepper flakes, cayenne and the salt to taste.
- Stir for 1 minute, then stir in peanuts.
- Pour the peanut mixture onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden.
- Drain well and leave to cool on paper towels.