Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite for grilling all year long, this marinade is a definite winner!
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry wine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Mince the green onions, garlic, and ginger - this takes me about 5 minutes, but "your mileage may vary".
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Use as a baste for pork or chicken.
- This marinade is a definite winner!
- I originally picked up the recipe at Gail's Recipe Swap (posted by deb-in-MI, who got it from her boss), where everybody was raving about it. It's extremely versatile - some folks used it on beef, some on pork, and I've tried it on salmon steaks. It's wonderful on all of them!
- Note: you can also substitute ingredients, such as apricot for the peach; I've also added a heaping tablespoon full of lemon curd to the recipe, since it was sitting out on the counter at the time.
This is a great sauce but 5 min. prep time is absurd. It took me a good hour to mince up all the stuff in this recipe.
Fabulous! Super easy, super flavor... sweet, tart, tangy and spicy all at the same time! I used fresh pureed peaches with a Tbsp of honey instead of the peach jam because that's what I had on hand. Basted chicken while it grilled for my meat eaters and sauced up some brown rice and veggies for a vegetarian guest. All were well pleased and agreed that this is a keeper! Thanks for sharing.