This is actually a loaf of bread baked with the sandwhich ingredients inside. Be sure to bake this long enough because it will turn out soggy if not. Preperation time does not include thawing and rising.
- Let the dough thaw and rise according to package directions.(usually in a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray).
- Once it has risen slice the dough down the center long ways about one inch into dough.
- Spread the dough apart using your fingers as if you were "parting the waters". Be careful not to go all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- In the opening spread the mustard, then lay the pastrami inside going as close to each end as possible. Place the cheese slices over the pastrami pressing everything down.
- Pull the dough up and over the filling pinching and twisting to make sure the dough is sealed.
- Bake at 350 for at least 45 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and remove onto a cutting board. Using a serrated knife slice pieces about 2 inches thick.