Recipe by small town girl
Pasta is always a favorite in our house.So are fast recipes. I love the kick the jalapeños give it and the combination of meats is great. I had a dish with the combination of meats and veggies once and craved it this is what I came up with. It is also great with cheese tortellini.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Quick & tasty recipe. We enjoyed the spicy flavours and how easy it was to put together. I sub'd yogurt for the cream (sometimes I put some cream cheese also). I increased the Italian sausage & peppers abit and ended up cooking the garlic with the vegys to cut the sharpness of it (or I use roasted garlic). You could also make a variation using ham in place of the pepperoni/salami for a milder version. Great recipe for my collection, thanks for sharing.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 8 ounces pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces salami, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- For the sauce combine whipping cream, spaghetti sauce, oregano, garlic and olive oil in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil on med high heat, stirring frequently; then turn to low and simmer until everything is ready.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet brown sausage until barely pink; drain fat and remove sausage from pan. Add bell peppers, onions, jalapeño, and olives; cook until onion is tender. Add sausage, pepperoni, and salami; cook until sausage is done.
- In a large serving dish place the cooked pasta and pour sauce over; top with meat mixture.
- Can sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.