Recipe by IngridNL
I know that pasta salads have had a bad rap, but I really like them. This one is delicious with fantastic lemon flavor, tuna and crisp veggies. Enjoy! (This recipe uses canned tune. I haven't tried using fresh tuna yet, but I will next time. I think maybe I'll grill it and slice it up, still pink... yum!) Derived from BBC's "Good Food" magazine (March 2007) with some variations.
Top Review by Rhiannon and Matt
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a warm salad when it tastes this good!! So colourful & smells fantastic. I used 1/2 ea large red & green capsicum, 1/2 an onion, but left all the other measurements the same. I used tuna canned with tomato & caramelized onion. I was a little worried how the flavour would work with the lemon & mayo, but it was like they were always *meant* to be together! I steamed the peas & left them sitting in the saucepan & completely forgot about them until I'd finished dinner & taken my bowl back to the kitchen! Not overly fussed on peas anyway, so i wont bother with them next time. Thanks for posting :)
- 300 g penne
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 200 g tuna in olive oil
- 2 red peppers, seeded, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Cook the peas according to directions.
- In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and 1 T of the tuna oil and mix.
- Drain the rest of the oil from the tuna.
- Mix the tuna with the mayo mixture.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the mayo mixture, peppers, onion, and carrot.
- Sprinkle the rocket and Parmesan over the top just before serving.