Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know that pasta salads have had a bad rap, but I really like them. This one is delicious with fantastic lemon flavor, tuna and crisp veggies. Enjoy! (This recipe uses canned tune. I haven't tried using fresh tuna yet, but I will next time. I think maybe I'll grill it and slice it up, still pink... yum!) Derived from BBC's "Good Food" magazine (March 2007) with some variations.
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Cook the peas according to directions.
- In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and 1 T of the tuna oil and mix.
- Drain the rest of the oil from the tuna.
- Mix the tuna with the mayo mixture.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the mayo mixture, peppers, onion, and carrot.
- Sprinkle the rocket and Parmesan over the top just before serving.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a warm salad when it tastes this good!! So colourful & smells fantastic. I used 1/2 ea large red & green capsicum, 1/2 an onion, but left all the other measurements the same. I used tuna canned with tomato & caramelized onion. I was a little worried how the flavour would work with the lemon & mayo, but it was like they were always *meant* to be together! I steamed the peas & left them sitting in the saucepan & completely forgot about them until I'd finished dinner & taken my bowl back to the kitchen! Not overly fussed on peas anyway, so i wont bother with them next time. Thanks for posting :)