Recipe by rsarahl
Hot Mulled cider with an orange twist! It's like summer kissing fall and is an invitation to sweater weather. 1 serving = 1 carbohydrate/fruit exchange
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great cider. I enjoyed this very much. I had a slight throat ache. This lovely, hot, sweet, semi tart cider has helped to soothe my throat. I loved the addition of the cloves in this tasty drink. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 6 cups apple cider
- 6 bags apple cinnamon spice tea
- 1 slice orange rind, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain out whole cloves and tea bags.
- Transfer hot cider to pre-heated thermos containers.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with orange rind.
- For a party service, double the recipe and place in your crockpot on high for 2-3 hours.
- Tie the cloves and tea bags in a piece of cheesecloth before adding to the crockpot so the they can be easily removed without straining.