1/1 Photo of Hot Orange Rolls
1 hr 20 mins
Delicious warm rolls with a hint of citrus, from the Lion House Recipes Collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast and pinch of sugar in 1/4 cup water.
- 2Heat milk, butter, 1/2 cup sugar and salt until butter is melted.
- 3Cool to lukewarm and beat in yeast mixture, eggs and 1 cup of flour.
- 4Let rise until bubbly.
- 5Gradually add remaining flour and beat well with spoon or mixer.
- 6(It is not necessary to knead.) Cover and let rise till double in bulk.
- 7Mix 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup sugar and grated orange rind.
- 8Roll dough out on lightly floured surface into rectangle and spread with sugar-orange mixture.
- 9(Save a little sugar mixture to sprinkle over rolls when done.) Roll up as for cinnamon rolls.
- 10Cut into slices and place in greased muffin tins.
- 11Let rise till double.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 13Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Orange Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 124.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: