1/1 Photo of Hot Orange Pudding (Hsi-Mi-Chu-Keng)
Posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried this recipe yet. The source is the Time Life Foods of the World Series "The Cooking of China". Please note that the recipe requires advance preparation of at least 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the tapioca with 1/2 cup of cold water in a small bowl. Let soak at least 4 hours.
- 2Peel the orange and remove the white membrane. Cut the orange meat into small pieces.
- 3Combine 2 cups cold water with sugar in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Drain the tapioca and slowly pour it into the saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, continually stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the pudding thickens.
- 5Stir in the orange pieces, and bring to a boil again.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Orange Pudding (Hsi-Mi-Chu-Keng)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g