Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bon Appetit, January 2006.
- 1⁄2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2 oranges
- 4 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (not unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whisk cream, 1 T sugar, and Grand Marnier in medium bowl to soft peaks; cover and chill.
- Using vegetable peeler, remove peel from oranges in strips; add strips to medium saucepan Ireserve oranges for another use). Add milk; bring just to simmer over medium heat. Add chocolate, espresso powder, cocoa powder, and remaining 1 T sugar; bring just to summer, whisking to melt chocolate. Strain. ladle mocha into 4 mugs. Top with whipped cream.
I made for 1! I did use non fat milk. Delish! Comforting! Smooth and Creamy! Thanks.