Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy, have been making it for years. not sure when I first saw this recipe
- 1 pie crust
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, remove casing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Place crust in pie pan.
- saute sausage and onions, drain, spoon into pie pan.
- blend eggs,cream,cheese s/p pour over sausage.
- bake 350 for 35 minutes, cool and serve cut into small pieces.
- serve at room temperature can be made 2 days early,keep in refrig.
- let get to room temperature or reheat for 3 to 5 minutes.
Simple and easy. Some similarity to the classic known easter pie recipe at easterpie.com Thanks for posting!