Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light mayonnaise suitable for salads, dressings, and sandwiches
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (any flavor you like)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup enova oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Break egg into cold mixer bowl,beat on high speed.
- Add salt, vinegar, and mustard.
- Beat on high speed for three minutes.
- Add oil, three spurts first, then a thin steady stream until all oil is used and the mayo stands in soft peaks.
- Remove from mixer, blend in lemon juice and peppers.
- Pour into container, cover, and let stand in refrigerator several hours before using.