Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great served hot or cold. Increase eggs to 8 or even 10 if you end up with more vegetables. Make sure all the water is cooked off or drained before combining with egg mix so it doesn't end up soggy or watery when taken out of the oven. Can add broccoli or any other veggies from your pantry. Posting it here for safekeeping. Recipe saved from allrecipes.com.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped (green, red, or both)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and cream. Stir in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bread cubes and sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until center is set. Serve hot or cold.