Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious fruit compote, so easily made with canned fruits and spices. Serve this as a dessert or side dish to dinner or breakfast.
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced peach halves in syrup
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced pears in heavy syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in syrup
- 4 small cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients with syrups.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.
- If desired warm fruits just before serving.
Lovely and easy. I liked the fresh fruits I used being summer, but I want to try it warmed in winter over vanilla ice cream. Needles to say there WILL be a next time! Made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4.
Don't think this could have been any easier to prepare! Am already thinking ahead to next winter's holidays, & coloring this just a little with some maraschino cherries! Great, as is, though! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring Eastern Europe during Zaar's World Tour 4]
This was delicious. I added a little bit of ground cinnamon to give it more of a spiced flavor but that was just personal preference.