Recipe by Normaone
I love this dish because of it's versatility. Served hot it,s a side dish, cold it becomes a salad. Either way, it's delicious.
Top Review by LDSMom128
These were fabulous!! The flavors blended so nicely together and were a nice change to my standard roasted asparagus that I usually prepare. I halved the recipe to suit for our size of family. I used half of the olive oil and I added some fresh gound pepper at the end. Thanks you so for posting this, as I will be making them this way from now on!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water until almost crisp tender.
- If serving chilled, cook until crisp tender.
- Place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain, pat dry, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine sesame oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus.
- Saute about 2 minutes until crisp tender.
- Mix lemon juice with soy sauce.
- If serving cold, mix 2 T olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Do not cook further.
- Toss with asparagus to coat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.