1 hr 20 mins
Yum! I love meatloaf and have been looking for the "best" meatloaf recipe. BBCGoodFood Magazine, 09/2006, is where I found this wonderful recipe originally, have tweaked it a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices fresh white bread, crusts removed
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground dark chicken meat
- 1 -2 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ketchup, to taste
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1Preheat oven to 370ºF.
- 2Put bread in processor and process to make crumbs, then tip into a bowl with the pork & chicken.
- 3Put the onion, garlic and herbs into the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- 4Add to the bowl with the parmesan and egg.
- 5Finely chop, 2 slices of the prosciutto and add to the mix with some salt and pepper.
- 6Mix well, but don't overwork, with your hands or a fork.
- 7Use the rest of the prosciutto to line a loaf pan.
- 8Spoon in an 8x4" meatloaf pan; mix and press down well.
- 9Flip the overhanging prosciutto over the top, then put the loaf pan into a roasting pan.
- 10Pour hot water from the kettle into the roasting pan to come halfway up the loaf pan and bake for 1 hr until loaf shrinks from the sides of pan.
- 11Cool in the pan for 10 mins, then drain off any excess liquid and turn out onto a board.
- 12Cut into thick slices and serve warm or cold with salad.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot or Cold Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 144.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: