Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Giada De Laurentiis: Everyday Italian. These sound really simple and good.
Make and share this Hot Onions (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 vidalia onions
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil, dried crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- Peel and quarter onions and put into slow cooker.
- Add seasonings and tomatoes and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
Was a little disappointed. I love Giada De Laurentiis and onions. Made these onions twice and had the same issue both times the onions were not as tender as we thought they should be and did not have the eye appeal I was expecting. The first time I quartered them and cooked 5 hours. The second time I cut into eights and cooked 6 hours. While the flavor was good they just fell a little short. Thanks so for the post.
This was a very quick and easy recipe. Makes for a nice side dish for an onion lover. Thanks for posting.