Recipe by fluffernutter
This easy recipe makes a big batch and is great-tasting. I know you'll dig this useful recipe out of the recipe file again and again. In the South, we use Vidalia onions for this, but any supersweet variety will do, including Walla Walla Sweets, Maui Sweets, TexSweets.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 large vidalia onions, chopped (3 to 4 cups)
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a skillet; add the onions and sauté over medium-high heat until tender. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise to the onions and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart soufflé dish. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with crackers.