Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a fast, different and delicious snack! This is *almost* no-cook... just warm it all in a foil pack in the oven and Bob's yer uncle! I omitted the red pepper flakes and subbed some mild chili powder, cumin and cajun spices this time. Recipe courtesy Ms. Ray.
- 4 cups mixed good quality olives
- 3 -4 slices orange peel
- 3 -4 slices lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Make a double layer pouch of foil for the olives.
- Add citrus peels, red pepper flakes and fennel seeds to olives then top with olive oil.
- Seal the pouch and shake it to distribute the spices and oil.
- Place in hot oven at any temperature or on outdoor grill to heat them through.
- I left mine in at 350* for about 10 minutes.