Grill these potatoes next to your next grilled steak or chicken recipe. Easy cleanup and a very nice side dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons dried chives
- Grease a 24 x 18 inch piece of heavy duty foil with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Scrub and thinly slice unpeeled potatoes onto the center of the foil.
- Sprinkle with the onions, cheese, salt, paprika and pepper.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Enclose the potatoes in the foil and seal with a double fold enclosing the potatoes completely leaving head space for the steam to build.
- Grill potato packet for 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Before serving sprinkle potatoes with bacon, parsley, dill and chives.
Yummy! I followed the recipe exactly and these were delicious. Tender and very very tasty.
It doesn't get much easier than this. I just tossed the packet on the grill and forgot it for 40 minutes. When we put the meat on the grill I added cheese and bacon and moved the packet to the side. When the meat was done so were the potatoes. There were no leftovers. Next time I will make a much larger batch. They were very good. Easy and good. Still my favorite combination.
These were a great alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. To save a few calories, I sprayed the foil with Pam rather than coating with butter. Next time, I think I will eliminate all butter, and mix the potatoes, onions, cheese, salt, pepper & paprika in a bowl before cooking to spread the flavor throughout . . . sprinkling them on top kept the flavor to the top layer only. I made these with French Oriental Salmon Grill (French Oriental Salmon Grill) and sauteed zucchini & mushrooms. Yummy!