Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I obtained from a friend at a golf tournament. It is the greatest thing for appetizer pot lucks, card games etc.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (25 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown lean ground beef over medium high heat.
- When cooked, add taco seasoning mix.
- Meanwhile, cream together sour cream and cream cheese.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Layer ground beef mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the salsa to the top of the ground beef.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 or until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
I am making this tonite, I added some hot sausage to the ground beef, i made my own salsa put that on top. I also added more sour cream used a mexican cheese blend. I also added black olives, i havent even put in the oven yet my kids tasted it as is and they love it. can't wait to taste after the cheese is melted.
First time trying this kind of dip with my own little touches here and there, and it turned out amazing!
Everyone loved this. I altered a little: 8 oz sour cream, 1/2 can of refried beans, and Mexican cheese mix instead of mozzarella.