Recipe by brisketboy
This is a -"What do I have in the cupboard and freezer to eat?" kind of recipe. I used Turkey Italian sausage - but I think any kind will do- Also-- this is way easy with just a few ingredients. P.S. I really used just one can of baked beans and one can of canellini beans but the site wouldn't let me type it in the ingredient slot-- too much control!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can potatoes (sliced)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (like very hot ro*tel)
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- grill/broil/pan fry- sausage. Pick whichever method is best for you. Cook sausage until nice and brown. When done- let stand till cool enough to handle and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Place into bowl and set aside.
- Place beans and Ro*tel into pot. Add a heavy squeeze of ketchup and a small handful of brown sugar. Crank a few turns of the ole pepper mill- add a heavy pinch of salt and a dash or two of the garlic powder. Heat through.
- Use an immersion blender if you can or use a potato masher and blend beans half way--just to make it a little creamy. Kinda like real bbq beans or refried pintos--ya know?.
- Add potatoes and sausage and warm through. Oh -just get it all hot and good.
- When done--put it in a bow and stuff your face. Enjoy!