Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another recipe from a regional magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine the hot sauce and garlic salt; pour over the chicken in a large bowl.
- Combine the Bisquick, onion salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and drain.
- Dredge chicken in Bisquick mixture.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken for about 15 minutes on each side until the juices are clear and chicken is golden brown.
This made a moist chicken with a nice crispy crust. I must have used the wrong brand of hot sauce because my chicken didn't have a hot and spicy flavor. I think next time I will make it with Tabasco sauce. Thanks Dreamgoddess. Bullwinkle