Recipe by Stan
This recipe is my own adaptation of an otherwise bland artichoke spread recipe. It gets RAVE reviews at parties!
Top Review by Princess Pea
Well, Stan, here's another RAVE review from myself, my husband and son (home on leave for Christmas). This was a fantastic Christmas Eve afternoon nosh that we enjoyed with tortilla chips. I also added a bit more garlic and used a mixture of both parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. I pulsed the artichokes in my food processor to speed things up even more. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks!
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese or 177.44 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded cheese
- 283.49 g candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml onion, diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced thinly
- cracker (any variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in TBS of margarine until golden.
- Combine mayonnaise and sour cream; mix well.
- Add drained/chopped artichokes, cheese, drained tomatoes/chilies, and garlic/onion mixture.
- Spread into a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve with crackers!