Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is my own adaptation of an otherwise bland artichoke spread recipe. It gets RAVE reviews at parties!
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese or 177.44 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded cheese
- 283.49 g candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml onion, diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced thinly
- cracker (any variety)
- Sauté onion and garlic in TBS of margarine until golden.
- Combine mayonnaise and sour cream; mix well.
- Add drained/chopped artichokes, cheese, drained tomatoes/chilies, and garlic/onion mixture.
- Spread into a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve with crackers!
Well, Stan, here's another RAVE review from myself, my husband and son (home on leave for Christmas). This was a fantastic Christmas Eve afternoon nosh that we enjoyed with tortilla chips. I also added a bit more garlic and used a mixture of both parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. I pulsed the artichokes in my food processor to speed things up even more. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks!
Delicious! And much lighter mayo ratio than other artichoke dip recipes. I tripled the garlic and used a mixture of mozzarella and aged white cheddar. The cheddar added a nice tang. Think it would be best with sharp cheddar and parmesan. Thanks for the recipe! Will redo.