Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This requires at least six hours to marinate (overnight is best). The first time I tried this recipe, I didn't have picante sauce. I used red tomato chow-chow, added some garlic and hot sauce, and put it in the blender for a second or two. Worked really well.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce (see note above)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated (zest)
- Cut off and discard wing tips, then cut each wing in half at the joint.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mix well, and pour over wings; cover and refrigerate at least six hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place wings and sauce in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.
These were great, threw a few chili flakes in and some Franks and it was awesome