- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 head butter lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set plates in freezer for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Mix lettuce, half of the cheese and dressing in bowl. Place on cold plates and top with remaining cheese.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until very hot.
- Spoon over salad so mushrooms melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Substitute Romaine lettuce if butter lettuce is not available.