Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Annette Human's Microwave Winners. This is one of my most requested recipes from guests. It's very rich, very easy and delicious.
- 300 -500 g fresh white button mushrooms
- 40 g butter or 40 g margarine, melted
- 1 small onion
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 30 g cake flour
- 5 ml prepared mustard
- 5 ml salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- grated nutmeg, to taste
- Slice the mushrooms into a deep bowl.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Combine butter or margarine and onion with the rest of the ingredients (except mushrooms) to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the sliced mushrooms and mix lightly.
- Cover and microwave the mixture for 7-10 minutes on 100% power, or until the sauce has thickened and the mushroom slices are cooked but still firm.
- Stir at 2 minute intervals. Serve immediately.