Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A holiday favorite for parties. This recipe came from my friend Charlene Supina. Serve with crackers for dipping.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Saute mushrooms and onions in the butter in a large saucepan. Sprinkle with the flour and cook and stir until the flour is lightly browned. Add the milk and half of the sour cream and continue to cook and stir over low heat until the mushrooms are tender. Add the seasonings and remaining sour cream.
- Serve hot with crackers. Transfer to a fondue pot over low heat or a heat-proof dish on a warming tray.