Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sounds good for a Superbowl party. Haven't tried yet---I bought a box of old Quick Cooking magazines at a flea market and am posting the recipes I want to keep as I go through them.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- assorted raw vegetables or cracker
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- remove bacon to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in bacon.
- Serve warm with vegetables or crackers.