Recipe by Stella Mae
This is a good spread to serve on crackers or as a dip, discovered at a friend's party many years ago. This is equally good as a hot crab canape, reducing the amount of bacon and adding a bit of prepared horseradish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups crab, cooked and flaked
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
- Drain off bacon drippings, reserve 2 tablespoons in skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to skillet.
- Cook, stirring often, until liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in flour.
- Add cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- Stir sour cream, bacon and flaked crab into mixture and continue cooking and stirring, but do not boil!
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on crackers and serve while hot.
- Note: This can be spread on small rounds of lightly toasted white bread and run under the broiler until mixture puffs.