Recipe by Chrissyo
I picked this recipe up at a "Tupperware" party many many years ago. This is my "guilt-free" dip because I figured that having crispy crunchy raw vegetables with it cancels out the high caloried bacon, cream cheese and sour cream. ;-)
Top Review by JustJanS
The neighbours came to dinner tonight, and they said this was a 5. It was so yummy. The only thing I changed was the amount of flour-only used 2 teaspoons. We thought this would make a GREAT sauce over steak or chiken, a baked potato, or as a dip served in a bread shell. Also thought you could add capsicum or corn or spring onions. It's fantastic as is but has heaps of other possibilities.
- 4 slices bacon
- 15 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250 g cream cheese, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in shallow dish, cover with paper towel, cook on high in a microwave for 3 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon from the dish, then add the butter, onion and garlic to the dish, cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, cook on high for another 2 minutes, then sprinkle the mushroom mixture with the flour.
- Next, top the mushroom mixture and flour with the cream cheese, worcestershire sauce and dry sherry.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes, stir halfway through this cooking time.
- Stir in the sour cream and the chopped bacon.
- Spoon into a serving dish.
- Serve as a hot dip with raw vegetables such as sliced carrots, capsicum, beans and celery.